Tuesday 12 September 2017

Fireblood by Elly Blake

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard



Fireblood (Frostblood Saga #2)Fireblood by Elly Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After a bit of a clunky start, FIREBLOOD delivered on a satisfying second part to the trilogy. Once I'd passed the first 10%, I was pulled into court life with Ruby and Arcus. It was no utopia and the politics and racism were rife. Just as I was was settling into the intrigue of the Frost court, the rug was pulled out from under my feet and the story transported me elsewhere, with fights, voyages, new characters and new enemies. The Minax is a particularly creepy creature.

The firebloods themselves were revealed more in this story and I enjoyed Ruby's self discovery hugely, I came to understand her nature, reactions and her heritage. There were a few real twists in this book and each took me by surprise. I loved the rights of passage required of Ruby; the imagery and description was superb through that part of the plot. I am a little unsure about where book two leaves the relationships in this series but I'm willing to be there with an open mind.

So I now find myself excited again for the next book in this trilogy. I'm a fan of what Elly Blake has created in these characters and stories and on the whole, I get lost in her writing. Sign me up for the final ride please!

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R12XYVAH6O2FJ7/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...