Friday 1 September 2017

Silk Queen by G.J. Walker-Smith

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 



Silk Queen: Book TwoSilk Queen: Book Two by G.J. Walker-Smith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Silk Queen Book Two by GJ Walker-Smith

I had been dyyyyyying with anticipation for Silk Queen Book Two and Walker-Smith delivered in spades. This book was utter perfection and I was equal parts speed-reading because I couldn't get enough and at the same time forcing myself to slow down because I just didn't want it to end.

I have such a deep appreciation for Fiona and Jean-Luc having read both Silk Queen books. They weren't always the arrogant, condescending characters we got to meet in the earlier Wishes books and it was enthralling to meet their younger selves and learn how they came to be their grown-up versions. I've always (always!) had a soft spot for Jean-Luc and seeing him sweet and vulnerable and romantic just took my love for him to a whole new level. I find Fiona's character fascinating: the way she purports herself is in direct contrast of her roots and I think that's precisely why she is the way she is.

Ahhhhhhhhhh I just want to shout out and make everyone read these books! The world Walker-Smith creates is utter perfection; beautiful settings, flawed characters, hints of humor. I just can't get enough! Can't wait for the next book from this insanely talented author.

*Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/R1J4159ENYDQ7E/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2DOXAA134H3ZY/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...