Thursday 7 September 2017

Most Valuable Playboy by Lauren Blakely


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 


Most Valuable PlayboyMost Valuable Playboy by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Most Valuable Playboy by Lauren Blakely

When Blakely wrote Out of Bounds last year I was just the smallest *snort* bit excited. After all, if your favorite author writes a book in your favorite genre, is that not how dreams are realized? Why yes, yes it is. And while I thought Out of Bounds was all sorts of awesome, Blakely absolutely KILLS it with Most Valuable Playboy and my newest book boyfriend, Cooper.

Cooper is the starting QB for the Renegades and Violet is the owner of a successful hair salon, Heroes and Hairoines (love the name!). We meet them at a fundraiser for the San Francisco Children's Hospital and let me tell you, the way Cooper owned that stage made me want to raise my own paddle - oh get your minds out of the gutter! I wanted to bid! Because that's what the highest bidder got; a night with the bachelor. Poor, sweet, delicious Cooper was positively dreading the team owners widowed sister bidding on him and winning because she's made no secret of the fact that wants a (sizable) piece of Cooper. Well, thank God for friendships and best friends little sisters because Violet comes through and outbids everyone and wins a date with her boyfriend.

Wait, what?

Oh yes. For various reasons, Violet and Cooper have to maintain a boyfriend-girlfriend facade and oddly enough, after that first scorching kiss at the fundraiser, it's not such a hardship after all.

I loved so much about this book. Cooper and Violet's relationship progressed so organically; with mutual respect and affection and FUN! The banter between them was typical of a couple who've known each other for a long time and are comfortable together. I loved so many of the side characters here and live in hope that we get many more Renegade stories to come!

I'm at the point where you could give me a book with no cover, no title, no author and I would know without hesitation that Lauren Blakely wrote it. The strength of her characters and their voices, her wit, the relationship development, strong and supportive side characters all make for a incredible reading journey. This isn't to say that her books are in any way similar to each other. Quite the opposite, actually. There are always fresh ideas, fresh issues, fresh and deliciously sexy banter. So much so that I'm constantly in awe of her abilities. Most Valuable Playboy encompasses all that is a perfect book and is one I'll be sure to read over and over again.

*Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/RSR6RSPXYIYOG/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R9OFHJRY4RC0J/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...