Wednesday 23 November 2016

Out of Bounds by Lauren Blakely


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar

Out of BoundsOut of Bounds by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Out of Bounds by Lauren Blakely

When you combine one of your favorite authors with one of your favorite genres, you're practically guaranteed to get a fantastic read. So to say I was thrilled that Lauren Blakely was releasing a sports romance is quite the understatement!

Blakely delivers a deliciously sexy sports novella featuring footballer, Drew and lawyer, Dani. They meet on the beach when Dani checks to see if Drew is hurt after being clobbered by a rogue surfboard and while Dani quickly realizes who Drew is, she's happy to pretend not to know he's the rising star quarterback for a local professional team. And who is Dani, I hear you ask. Why, she's a lawyer for the *other* local team - where Drew gets transferred to.

So this book has a bit of a forbidden feel to it: team lawyer and quarterback plus the slightly older woman and it totally rocked my world. The interactions between these two are fun and flirty and the sexy times are in-freaken-sane! Delicious! Hot!

What I love most is that Blakely (as always) gives us good, solid characters. Further to that, she never gives a weak heroine; they're always strong within their own right, smart, and are far from needy. Dani is a perfect example of that and I want to be her friend, desperately! And another thing? These women are ADORED by their men and Drew is no exception to this. I love how he views Dani as a badass because she really is one with a huge heart! As much as I love and lust for The Blakely Boys, the girls have their own special place for me.

I really loved this novella and I really hope that Blakely continues with writing sports romances - she's proven to be damn good at it!

*arc received in exchange for review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1WEXXGHCRBHFO/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...