Monday 28 November 2016

After We Fall by Melanie Harlow


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

After We FallAfter We Fall by Melanie Harlow
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

Melanie Harlow takes a somewhat ordinary situation, characters with realistic issues and normal lives and makes you absolutely gripped in this new release. I basically devoured this over a Sunday and I was pretty in love with some of the characters straight away.

Margot was a spoilt rich 30 year old at first glance, but in fact, she wasn't that at all. Jack pulled me in from the off, a grumpy, grieving farmer who was also a veteran. Jack had the kind of character you cannot help but like despite the prickles. These two had the most serious chemistry, when they were together, they blew me away.

What was a little different about this novel from Harlow was that it didn't jump straight into the funny. What I found was that the wit grew over the book but ebbed when things needed to get serious. This worked for me despite being more used to Harlow humour throughout, just because it fitted the characters better this way.

After We Fall was the perfect read to get lost in, you won't find yourself losing focus or concentration, you'll just want to read until it's done. Another winner.

A copy of this book was provided from the author in return for an honest review.

Reviewed by Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...