Saturday 5 November 2016

The Best Possible Answer by E. Katherine Kottaras



REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

The Best Possible AnswerThe Best Possible Answer by E. Katherine Kottaras
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was quite a mixed read for me, despite it being my favourite genre, YA. The author is new to me and whilst she does write well, I failed to connect fully with the character of Viviana. Viviana is a complex young person emerging into womanhood. She has severe anxiety, in part, due to the stresses of parental separation and betrayal by her first boyfriend. I did feel for Vivi in regards to her anxiety but I found observing her somewhat tense and a little stressful! Vivi has a mother who I did not like and for a while, an absent father. When I finally got the measure of her father, boy, he was pretty unlikeable too; poor Vivi. There was a friend, Sammie who I really liked.

The story line in this book didn't really grab me until the latter half, but I did feel the need to know some answers to questions. There were a couple of twists that I didn't see coming and I enjoyed where that took the story. I would definitely read this author again.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through Netgalley.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2GP1JVIUA9KZO/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...