Tuesday 1 November 2016

Anatomy of a Player by Cindi Madsen


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar

Anatomy of a Player (Taking Shots, #2)Anatomy of a Player by Cindi Madsen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Anatomy of a Player by Cindi Madsen
4.5*

This is the second standalone in Madsen's Taking Shots series and features sexy hockey player, Hudson Decker (even his name is sexy!) and college newspaper reporter, Whitney Porter.

Whitney has had enough of players. She makes an executive decision that going forward, her focus will be on her studies and future career as a journalist. She approaches the college newspaper and is assigned as sports writer. She decides to write an exposé piece on how the hockey team (and all other sports teams!) are treated differently: grading, amenities, exceptions made. What she doesn't expect is Hudson to alter her views.

I have to be honest and say that I wasn't a fan of Hudson's to begin with: he was a bit of an ass and seemed to rely on alcohol way too much. Yes, I know they're college students and I know what they get up to but something just rubbed me up the wrong way. By the end of the book, Madsen had me converted and I was #TeamHudson all the way. I was rooting for him and Whitney to find their HEA because he deserved that so so much.

This was a quick fun read and one I thoroughly enjoyed with plenty of sweet and swoony moments. I liked the connection between Hudson and Whitney and they certainly gave me some laughs! The writing is great and kept me well engaged. I'm looking forward to read the next book in this series.

*Reviewed by Melinda for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2TA9PLNXLHHUX/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...