Monday 21 November 2016

The Hating Game by Sally Thorne


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


The Hating GameThe Hating Game by Sally Thorne
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book lived up to every bit of hype I've seen on all my social media feeds. I want to shout from the rooftops how much fun I had reading this and how impossible it was to put the book down because of the chemistry between the two lead characters. Sometimes office settings for romance work for me, but more often they don't. This is my favourite ever office hate-fight-simmer-steam-romance and it is one of my top reads of the year.

These two characters are: Lucinda, the petite, feisty joint-second in command at a publishing house and Joshua, cold, hard and gorgeous joint-second in command. Their hating game is an epic battle that transforms into a different kind of battle over time. The character's banter was so entertaining, the situations they created were ridiculous and funny and their softer sides were delightful.

If you need a lift, a read that will both absorb you and make you feel good, this is the best 2016 has to offer in that category. The fact that this is Sally Thorne's first novel, frankly bowls me over. I'm now off to purchase a hard copy of this book that I'm desperate to have on my shelf ready for a re-read whenver the mood hits me.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...