Friday 27 January 2017

Bet Me by Lila Monroe

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 



Bet MeBet Me by Lila Monroe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Bet Me by Lila Monroe


I loved the sound of this book when I read the blurb and, having read a few of Monroe's RomComs previously, I knew I'd be in for an easy and enjoyable time.

Bet Me is about the down on her loveluck, Lizzie and her former almost one night stand, Jake. Lizzie inadvertently announces to the world that she's now adhering to a sexual strike until men start to demonstrate a bit of romance! I say inadvertently because the recording Lizzie made was supposed to have been directed at her sister and without the privacy option on, everyone near and far was witness to it. Before she can even get her head around it, Lizzie finds herself as a role-model for other women (and at least one man!) who demand some romance and appreciation from their significant others. She gets more attention and flowers than she'd ever bargained for and when she realizes there's a bounty on her well, maidenhead she doesn't know what to believe and who to trust. She also can't seem to stop herself from feeling *things* for her coworker slash former almost-one-night-stand, Jake who incidentally doesn't believe in romance at all.

This was a great light and highly enjoyable read and one I'd recommend if you enjoy RomComs. The characters are pretty hilarious and Hank reminded me of Hugh Hefner in a non-sleazy way. The dialogue was fun and flirty and the sexual tension -accompanied by Jake's dirty-talking- was hot!

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2HFNNFIAHEG0J/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...