Tuesday 10 January 2017

The Theory of Second Best by J. Bengtsson


REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere



The Theory Of Second Best (Cake, #2)The Theory Of Second Best by J. Bengtsson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First of all, let me say, you need to read this book! And if you haven't done so yet, you need to read the first book too! I am loving this series so much.

I have had a thing for Kyle since Cake and was doing my happy dance when I learnt he was getting his own book . He is a free and easy guy but deep down there's sensitivity and loyalty that will make you swoon. He has lived in his brother Jake's shadow for such a long time that it is second nature to him. And he's content to be there, it is his duty and privilege to be there for Jake. They both have been through so much, and they have a bond that is unbreakable.

Oh Kenzie....what a match she is for Kyle. She has wit and sagacity that brings about the best banter between them. She too has had to deal with hardships growing up, and I feel that bonds these two on a higher level. They meet on a reality tv show and the winner takes home a lot of money but at some point through the month they are stranded on an island to survive, Kenzie has to rethink her reasons for wanting to win. She comes from a small country town, but wants to spread her wings and start to live her own life. The longer she is on the island, the more confused she gets.

There are two more books to come in this series, and I truly can not wait for book 3 to arrive. Each one is a fantastic read, and learning more about the McKallister family only brings more joy for me. I hope we hear more about Kyle and Kenzie, as they are one of my favourite book couples ever.
Lastly, I love the cover! It depicts Kenzie's wavy-haired surfer boy to a T.

* I received a copy for an honest review.
** Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...