There was an error in this gadget

Monday, 16 January 2017

Love In Lingerie by Alessandra Torre

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 


Love in LingerieLove in Lingerie by Alessandra Torre
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3-3.5 stars

Love in Lingerie promised to deliver on a trope I favour, office romance. When written well, office connections can be intense and thrilling. The office context is cleverly constructed and underpins the story well. The significant timeline for this story is a real strength, the long haul being the focus.

The connection between the MCs Trey and Kate was definitely intense. I devoured their story initially but as the story progressed I did become a little frustrated with a repetitive back and forth and a lack of courage from these two. However, I enjoyed their friendship and their misfires on the journey. I'm a fan of the slow burn so that element was a definite plus. The tension between Kate and Trey was ever-present and I couldn't help but be compelled by their story. The secret between them underwhelmed me however, and I longed for a Torre-twist.

I liked this book but I didn't love it. Because I'm a Alessandra Torre fan in every genre she's written, I have expectations and this one didn't wholly meet mine. I found it light in flavour and I wanted more from the couple. That said, it delivers on a light contemporary romance that is a short-ish, sexy read.

A copy of is book was provided by the author in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment