Thursday 12 January 2017

Worth The Wait by Claudia Connor


REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere


Worth the Wait (McKinney/Walker, #1)Worth the Wait by Claudia Connor
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was recommended this book by one of my book buddies that I normally love everything she does. She was raving and said you have to read it. So I jumped straight on it, and I have to say that it fell flat for me. I was expecting so much more, but it just didn't deliver on what I need in a romance book.

This book is about family and commitment and love lost but with some time apart to heal, love found again. It was moving in certain parts, with plenty of angst and the slightest touch of humor. My heart ached for Nick with all that he had to endure but I also wanted to shake him and tell him to let it go...... but it wasn't his personality to be flippant on anything. He was so over protective of his sister, he lost track on other important things in his life.

Mia was definitely his match. She was serious, thoughtful, sweet and smart and dedicated to her job and instant family. She was someone that I would hang with. However, I found their love story lacking and was disappointed that they had more bad times in their relationship than good, and I found it hard to see how they could come back from it all. The book jumped from present to past so much, I was having to re read bits to see what era they were in. I did enjoy reading about the other characters, Hannah especially and it was set up nicely too for the following books about the other siblings.

*I received a copy for an honest review.
**Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...