Wednesday 11 January 2017

Worth the Wait by Claudia Connor


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 


Worth the Wait (McKinney/Walker, #1)Worth the Wait by Claudia Connor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Worth the Wait by Claudia Connor

This is the first book I've read by Connor and I simply devoured it. I was utterly consumed by the characters, their story, and their past that the time just flew past as I was immersed in their world.

This is the story of FBI agent, Nick and his former love, Mia. Nick and his siblings lost their parents when they were senselessly killed when Nick was not yet 20 years old. As the oldest child, he assumed parental responsibility and took charge of his brothers who, in their teens resented it more than anything, and most importantly, his two year old sister. Around this time, Nick meets Mia and they eventually fall in love, oh so beautifully. However, just in case what they'd gone through wasn't enough, tragedy further strikes the family and this time tears such a perfect relationship apart.

I loved these characters even when I wanted to shake them, Nick, specifically. There was so much anger and bitterness that he broke my heart. He was essentially a single father to his sister, Hannah and so every hardship, every challenge she experienced became his. He was an amazing father and brother to her and I adored their relationship and when Hannah called him Nicky, I absolutely melted.
Mia was an incredible character: she has strength and compassion and love in abundance. She fit seamlessly within the family and brought a different dynamic to their lives.

This is second chance romance done perfectly. It's the story of Nicky and Mia finding their way back to each other, learning to let go of the past, and loving each other wholly. I adored it completely. You can read this as a standalone as I did, or read it following the authors McKinney Brothers series. I have every intention of going back and reading that series very soon.

*arc received from NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.


View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review/B01MA62L3Y/R25T1DMWHJN2NW?ref_=glimp_1rv_cl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...