Wednesday 26 July 2017

Privileged by Carrie Aarons

REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere 


PrivilegedPrivileged by Carrie Aarons
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 *'s.


When I first started reading this book, I was struggling. Mainly because I felt Asher was a prat. A manipulative prat, and it was off putting. Then I started to get a better feel for who he was, and what he was protecting. I also had to understand the house he grew up in, and where the manipulation came from. Then my feelings towards him grew and I wanted to hug him and hit him at the same time.

Nora was very naive and even with her gift, it didn't give her streets smarts, but she learnt quickly in her new environment. Not everyone was happy with the circumstances that bought her to London but I liked her a lot. She was extremely smart, a little sassy but mostly the innocence made her quite endearing. When these two were together, I had this conflicting feeling of wanting them to be a couple but also knowing what he really thought. It had me transfixed and wishing for their HEA.

On the whole, after I sorted out my feelings for Asher, I enjoyed the story. I know I am reading a book of fiction, and not all things are true, but some things didn't feel factual. I can't say too much without giving away spoilers, but a few little things felt out of place. This didn't interfere with how the story played out and I was pleased with the outcome.

* I received a copy for an honest review.
** Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...