Wednesday 26 July 2017

All or Nothing at All by Jennifer Probst

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 


All or Nothing at All (Billionaire Builders, #3)All or Nothing at All by Jennifer Probst
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Why have I only just found this series on the last book? These are interconnected standalones focusing on three brothers in a construction/building company. I have come in on the last brother but it will be fun to retreat and learn more about the other two and and novella.

This was a lovely, meaty second chance romance, involving a child. The story is narrated mainly in the present with an occasional flashback. The story engaged me in the middle of a book slump, so it really had that 'grab you' feeling. The characters had depth, as did their stories and backgrounds. Just after mid-way this book took a turn into heightened angst. I enjoyed this whilst disliking some jerk behaviour and bad decisions from the heroine, it all fed into a good up and down story.

Sydney is a single mother working for the Pierce brother's company, she's a strong, self-sufficient woman. Tristan was her first love but they worked hard at avoiding too much interaction. When these two began to reconnect, I could feel the chemistry bubbling. When that turned into more, it was so good. There was a thread of predictability with this kind of second chance story but nothing about that reduced my enjoyment.

This was my first read by Jennifer Probst and I have a great impression of her talent. I am definitely coming back for more.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley, in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...