Wednesday 26 July 2017

The Scandal of it All by Sophie Jordan




The Scandal of It All (The Rogue Files, #2)The Scandal of It All by Sophie Jordan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was simply a gorgeous book that thrilled me from cover to cover. After a few pages, when I realised there was going to be an age difference, with an older heroine, a sex club and forbidden love element, I was all in. Oh, and did I mention single parent? This book is like a beautiful marriage of themes that often don't feature in historical romance and it all worked so beautifully.

Graciela is a Spanish-born Duchess by marriage and disillusioned by widowhood. She is finally persuaded by her friend to live a little and this 'living' leads her into a very sticky situation with Lord Colin Strickland. Colin was man who didn't make assumptions nor prescribe to the prejudices around Ela's heritage. Colin was definitely an alpha but he listened and cared. Ela was on a journey of self discovery and all these elements were rich in terms of story. The heat and chemistry were perfection. At about 70% I thought I knew where the story was going but it twisted painfully, thrillingly and I was there for the writing.

I have previously read Sophie Jordan's NA series and really enjoyed it but I have now come to realise what I have been missing out on by not reading her historical works. I am feeling rather lucky to have a nice back catalogue to work through. Highly recommended for any historical romance fan.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through Edelweiss, in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...