Tuesday 25 July 2017

Stubborn as a Mule by Juliette Poe

REVIEWED BY Jess


Stubborn as a Mule (The Sex and Sweet Tea Series Book 2)Stubborn as a Mule by Juliette Poe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sawyer Bennet writing as Juliette Poe has a much lighter feel to her words than her usual contemporary romance vibe. A sweet, southern and charming book STUBBORN AS A MULE is and I had a lot of fun reading it!

I'm always in the mood for a rough around the edges, handsome southern fella. The charm and wit is endearing and Lowe Mancinkus has it in spades. He's all fired up because a fancy New Yorker has come to town and purchased his family home and can't stand someone other than his kin living in it. He does what he can to ensure she flees town and never comes back-but Melinda Rothschild has different plans, and fights hard for what she wants and what she wants is Mainer House. Mely, as her fiends call her (which doesn't include Lowe), will stop at nothing to keep her gorgeous buy of a house to herself. It's sentimental to her as well. She's feisty and funny, smart and savvy, and I really loved her passion.

Speaking of passion-even though Stubborn as a Mule was very PG, Poe still managed to write the connection Lowe and Mely had very well. They were a sweet, cute and a sexy duo who really connected and kept me smiling for the duration of the read. Lowe is just a southern gentlemen with a wiff of alpha and I just LOVED that's about him.

Some of my favourite parts of this book were with all of the sub-characters. Morri, Floyd, Pap, and even Lynette created a dynamic story line which was extremely hilarious and kept me on my toes. I will say, that the last 15% flew by for me and there is a bit of a shocker I didn't see coming and still can't decide if I loved or not, but otherwise I enjoyed the evolution of Lowe and Mely immensely.

I've gone about this series all wrong and started a my book two, but each one can be read as a stand alone with inter-connecting characters that are rich and entertaining and I plan on going back to read from the beginning.

ARC received generously in exchange for and honest review

Reviewed by Jess for joandisalovebooks blog

View all my reviews

Amazon:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...