Wednesday 5 July 2017

The Knocked Up Plan by Lauren Blakely Narrated by Andi Arndt & Sebastian York

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


The Knocked up PlanThe Knocked up Plan by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

THE KNOCKED UP PLAN is now my favourite Lauren Blakely book/listen. It just grabbed at one minute in and stayed at full engagement until the final word. The premise for the book is there in the title and it's a less-used trope that I love. Not only that, the main characters Nicole and Ryder charmed me with their personalities.

Ryder felt a bit of a departure from the normal Blakely hero as he was a beta-alpha-beta kind of man and I fell for his gorgeous, caring, funny and insecure self. You just know he's going to be something special when instead of saying "you're mine", he says "I'm yours". Nicole provided the plan and I really liked her. The chemistry was everything I expect from Blakely's writing talents with that dose of humour that rocks. Here's an abridged quote (because this is audio, I can't check easily) that really made me laugh.

"There he was in his dark blue jeans, jeans that I'm sure gossiped to other jeans about what it was like to hug his thighs."

The narration duo are excellent and Sebastian York was able to translate a more beta male well. I love these two narrators in action, not a lot can go wrong! I always try to listen to Blakely's books rather than read because I just enjoy the humour and characters more this way.

If someone asked me where to start with Lauren Blakely, this would now be my suggestion. Highly recommended to all fans of hot, romantic comedy.

A copy of this audiobook was provided by the author in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

http://www.audible.co.uk/listener/A2OKSANI1041IT?asin=B0731JY6S8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...