Monday 24 July 2017

Trust by Kylie Scott


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 


TrustTrust by Kylie Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

From the opening page, TRUST takes a journey into the unusual, in terms of storyline and what I've come to expect from Kylie Scott in her contemporary reads (which I enjoy). This mature YA tale is a walk on the grim, depressing life of two young people. It's violent and it's beautiful.

I literally had my jaw open for the first 15%, agog and enthralled. John Cole is an unsuspecting shopper in cash-till heist alongside the heroine Edie. John Cole is a bad boy, a dealer, known to the police. Edie is an overweight, curvy and wonderful young woman, with low self esteem and not on a fitness journey. These two found a most compelling-to-read friendship. I adored the slow burn of their evolving connection and the sweet, sexy chemistry had me on the edge of my seat. This storyline is full, not with events but with connections of friendships and more. I think the connections are some of the most emotion-provoking Kylie Scott has written. She made me feel all of Edie's hopes, disappointments and longings. John Cole was simply someone I came to admire and I felt totally inspired by that book cover, even though I'm not an abs-cover fan. I bought into that man on the cover.

I do want more from these two. I can see room for another book but I have no idea if this is a plan or if this is pure standalone, I only know I would love to read more of them. I think Kylie Scott fans will be surprised by the seriousness of the context of this book and thread of darkness of characters and events, but I also hope her fans will embrace and love this as much as I did. Added to my favourites shelf of 2017.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...