Tuesday 15 March 2016

Hawke by Sawyer Bennett



REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Hawke (Cold Fury Hockey, #5)Hawke by Sawyer Bennett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hawke was a welcome addition to the Cold Fury men and this story brought a tale of second chances. Hawke I found to be a bit of a 'lad about town', a player and in for a good time. He likes a drink, perhaps one too many but underneath all of that he really is a nice guy. For me, there was a but, I really liked him for the majority of the book but there was something flaky about him. He's not my favourite hockey guy but he was honest about life and relationships. Vale was hugely likeable and enjoyed her character and story very much.

Sawyer Bennett continues the win with this series, always delivering a good story but with a bit of a difference each time. Whilst Hawke isn't my favourite, he's real and readable. I do think that Hawke would have benefitted from a bit more story, just as he was coming into a place where I knew him a little better, the book ended. Some of the complexity from other Cold Fury guys in the series wasn't there. That said, I'm glad they're not all the same and the series isn't formulaic.

The publisher provided a copy of this book in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1HOIE82PBNIWV/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0104EOJMQ


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...