Tuesday 15 March 2016

The Confessions by Tiffany Reisz


REVIEWED BY Becky Cox

The ConfessionsThe Confessions by Tiffany Reisz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Tiffany Reisz
The Confessions

**10 "Answered So Many Questions" Stars**

Do not read The Confessions if you haven't read the Original Sinners series because there are spoilers!! This is two short stories; Soren's confession, Nora's confession and an amazing interview with Tiffany. The confessions are told from Father Ballard's point of view. I loved the cover photo!!

I would seriously buy it for the candid Tiffany interview; I kinda have a girl crush on Tiffany's brain. I don't remember how I came upon The Siren, but it changed my expectations of a great book. It was excellent writing, a hugely taboo subject and heroine that was like nothing I had ever read. A Tiffany sex scene is like no other and I was completely hooked. I have spent many a night contemplating this series with a glass of good wine. You will not read The Original Sinners Series or The Confessions without coming away a changed person.

"'Jesus, Mary and Joseph...' Father Ballard shook his head and crossed himself."

Father Ballard takes Soren's confession in the early days when Eleanor is 16. In the series it would be during the novels The Saint and (i>The King
. I love Father Ballard and his humor and quick wit. Father Ballard gives a few flashbacks to a young Soren. It was such a privilege to see this side of him.

"'Do you have time for me today?'"
"'I might. What's her name?'"
"'Eleanor,' Marcus finally said, and the air went out of the room."


Nora's confession is in the later years when Father Ballard is 81, but still funny and sassy as ever. Eleanor's comes to Father Ballard during the time frame of The Virgin and The Queen.

"'Yes, ma'am. Pull up your sins and make yourself at home.'"

"If he could described this woman's expression...if he could choose only one word, he'd probably pick 'shameless.'"

Nora was difficult and funny as always and her confession answered a huge question for me.

This is a short but so very informative book and I simply can not, and will not ever, get enough of the UnHoly Trinity.

Gifted a copy for an honest review.

Reviewed by Becky for Jo&IsaLoveBooks
http://joandisalovebooks.com/
http://joandisalovebooks.blogspot.co.uk/


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...