Wednesday 30 March 2016

Maybe Forever by Kim Golden


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Maybe Forever (Maybe... Book 3)Maybe Forever by Kim Golden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have enjoyed this series immensely and this book felt like the ideal completion. Maybe Forever has fast-forwarded a bit in the life of Laney and Mads, they're a few years down the line. For me, this has been a real strength of the series, seeing them from their first meeting to a life complicated by real life.

Laney and Mads are experiencing an impasse in their relationship. They're not connecting on a partnership level, physically or emotionally. It's a mess. Young children complicate this situation. Oh, how I could identify with this. Most people in a long term relationship with kids would identify on some level with where Laney was. I felt her pain but I also empathised with Mads. Mads had humility, alongside his stupidity. My love for his character did not wane one bit in this book. I love reading a book with married couples and the fact that I have been able to follow these two through years has been a bonus.

Kim Golden has impressed me with the concept for this series, her writing and execution have been consistently good. I look forward to more from her in the future.

The author provided a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2427UK8UQ1EUV/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00WZVPLUQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...