There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Maybe Forever by Kim Golden


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Maybe Forever (Maybe... Book 3)Maybe Forever by Kim Golden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have enjoyed this series immensely and this book felt like the ideal completion. Maybe Forever has fast-forwarded a bit in the life of Laney and Mads, they're a few years down the line. For me, this has been a real strength of the series, seeing them from their first meeting to a life complicated by real life.

Laney and Mads are experiencing an impasse in their relationship. They're not connecting on a partnership level, physically or emotionally. It's a mess. Young children complicate this situation. Oh, how I could identify with this. Most people in a long term relationship with kids would identify on some level with where Laney was. I felt her pain but I also empathised with Mads. Mads had humility, alongside his stupidity. My love for his character did not wane one bit in this book. I love reading a book with married couples and the fact that I have been able to follow these two through years has been a bonus.

Kim Golden has impressed me with the concept for this series, her writing and execution have been consistently good. I look forward to more from her in the future.

The author provided a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2427UK8UQ1EUV/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00WZVPLUQ

No comments:

Post a Comment