Wednesday 16 March 2016

Collared by Nicole Williams


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

CollaredCollared by Nicole Williams
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I feel unusually nervous about writing this review because I am desperate to convey the brilliance in the words in this book. I finished it in the space of 24 hours and I truly would have read it cover to cover if life and work hadn't got in the way.

I'd read the blurb for the book some weeks ago and it gave me a little punch then, I purposely didn't re-read the blurb going in. Everything about the first half of the book took me by surprise. Just when I got to grips with certain facts another twist came and pulled the rug from under my feet.

This book is powerful. A poignant narrative of a fragile girl moving into womanhood. Jade was brave. Torrin was brave. More than anything, Nicole Williams was brave because this is a subject requiring sensitivity, delicacy and yet she didn't avoid the tough stuff. I can tell you this book caused me pain and it literally made my heart race. It also dealt with healing and restoration.

I have to pause to say something about Torrin. This man, I admired him so much, not because of any outward beauty but because of his strength, loyalty and capacity to hope. He was the only one able to reach Jade.

"Because you're my tether. The one who can pull me back from the dark places and lead me forward into the bright places again."

This book has demonstrated the versatility that Nicole Williams is capable of. She can write YA, she can write NA and contemporary but now I know there is even more to her ability as a writer because few books have touched my soul and made it ache like this. I will say that I would like to know more of Torrin and Jade's story and I'll live in hope for this.

The author provided a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...