Thursday 10 March 2016

The Ground Rules Undone by Roya Carmen

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

The Ground Rules Undone (The Rule Breakers, #3)The Ground Rules Undone by Roya Carmen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have highly anticipated the culmination of this series. It has kept me intrigued, guessing and totally gripped. I have had moments of love and hate with nearly all of the characters inside these pages, Mirella in particular. Mirella has been weak and selfish but also a woman finding her identity outside of that of wife and mother.

By book three I believe most readers have chosen a camp of loyalty and for me I have been rooting for Gabe. Gabe is not perfect, he enjoyed the swinging arrangement but has always been able to keep his feelings in check. Gabe has also been incredibly forgiving of Mirella's constant ricochet of emotions and affections. Weston has provided that forbidden erotic element to the story but I've never gelled with him fully.

Book three did not quite meet with my expectations. The cliffhanger from Book Two indicated the impending twisty nature of the story ahead but on the whole I felt frustrated with the story and the characters. The heat of books 1 & 2 were lacking a little in this book. When all was said and done, this instalment left me somewhat unsatisfied. However, few series have captured my attention for uniqueness, heat and anticipation like these three books and I would place Book 1&2 as hot favourites. Roya Carmen has a mind for the unusual, writes with great flow and creates connections that sizzle with believability and tension. I would recommend this whole series as a good read.

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...