Wednesday 30 March 2016

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge



REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe #1)Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

I would say that I enjoyed 75% of this book but not in linear form. The story, writing and premise were excellent. Unfortunately, there were significant, crucial parts from 70% onwards that lacked clarity. I felt confusion at various junctures. When that happens its like reading through a fog, which is okay for a few pages but feels annoying for longer. However, when all said and done, it made sense in the final pages and I was satisfied in the culmination.

The characters were so very interesting. Nyx has been reared knowing she's expected to make the ultimate sacrifice for her family and her land. Once at her final destination, she meets Ignifex, who I really liked. Shade was an unexpected complication and I found my loyalties compromised. The characters were all a mixture of good and bad and I enjoyed their flaws.

All in all a good re-imagining of Beauty and the Beast with strong writing in the main.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...