Wednesday 8 June 2016

Empire by Rachel Van Dyken


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar

Empire (Eagle Elite, #7)Empire by Rachel Van Dyken
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Empire by Rachel Van Dyken

Empire is the latest book in one of my favorite series - the Eagle Elite. Because he's extra special, Sergio gets two books and you need to read Elude prior to this.

I never really know what I'm going to experience from the series and the author and Empire was no different in that respect. I'm just so sad that I finished already! I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more. Then I called the author some rather unsavory names as I cried yet again. So so so good.

I loved Val! She's new to the mob-life, in fact had no idea of its existence as it pertains to her family. But she's sweet and loving and once she's exposed to the other girls, gets in touch with her inner badass! She's the kind of character you can see yourself having a coffee with. Or you know, going to the shooting range with.

I wasn't always a huge Sergio fan but Van Dyken won me over in Elude and after what he went through in that, I wanted him to have his HEA. He definitely deserves it and I think Val is his perfect match.

I'm so sad to have finished the book already and it looks like it might be time for a series reread.

The series is great and Empire just... umm... kills it. I can't wait for more from the series but have to till next year! Next YEAR!!!!!

*Reviewed by Melinda for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R9US9CUPEQRUF/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

1 comment:

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...