Tuesday 21 June 2016

Only You by Denise Grover Swank



REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere

Only YouOnly You by Denise Grover Swank
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Contemporary romance / romantic comedy books are my favourite, team that up with the Author Denise Grover Swank, and I am one happy lady. I have read The Wedding Pact series and absolutely love it, and did too with this spin off series. This is the first of three new books for this new series, and you don't need to read the other, but in my opinion, you will be missing out on some good entertainment. I can see each series would make an awesome movie!

This series is about three high school / college friends that are bachelors, and have sworn off women because they have dated nothing but either shallow Barbies or psycho crazy girls. They decide that they should abstain from dating for six months, but Kevin only lasts one night. He has a thing for his cute next door neighbour, Holly, but it is not an easy progression for them. There are a few obstacles that make dating hard for this couple, Knickers being one of them.

What I loved most about this book is the humor that Denise writes, it has me giggling constantly. The characters are people that you just want to hang and have a drink with. Mostly, I love the connection the lead characters have together, the banter and tenderness just sweeps me up. I picked this book up one morning and utterly forgot all about the world around me until I finished it. I completely feel into each chapter wanting more and more. I was happy that we got to read a little bit too of a couple of the characters from the first series, and I am guessing with the next two books, we will see a little more of them too. Absolutely loved this book, and I know that I will be re reading it again in the near future.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...