Monday 20 June 2016

Supremacy by Christin Lee



REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Supremacy (Supremacy, #1)Supremacy by Christin Lee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a most unusual read and one of the key strengths of the book. A PNR read but the paranormal element was totally unexpected. For most of the book I had absolutely no idea where it was going and in terms of plot line, I enjoyed being in the dark and the mystery. It feels like most PNR plots are already 'done' but this one had me going "what?"

The lead characters of Kate and Lucas were immediately likeable. They meet over a broken motorbike and are clearly attracted to one another. Lucas immediately felt significantly older than Kate (almost 18), the whys for this eventually become apparent. There are number of elements as to why Lucas becomes a bit more difficult to like as his character is exposed. Kate definitely seems naive yet enhanced by her super memory. I liked a number of the side characters including Kate's dad, Stephen and Shea. I do feel that the story lost a bit of traction at the end but I definitely want to continue to read the series.

One little moan I have is how dialogue and monologue was emphasised with italics. As a reader I don't like to be told how to read or interpret things, this was so frequent that it got on my nerves.

The author provided a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.


View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/R393T4AIQL8I5J/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...