Tuesday 21 June 2016

One Paris Summer by Denise Grover Swank



REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere

One Paris SummerOne Paris Summer by Denise Grover Swank
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am a big Denise Grover Swank fan and was so happy to get my hands on this book. Denise is so versatile in her writing that she is apt in any genre. My books are normally mystery romance, but I do love a sweet YA book as well. And you will find it here with this book.

Sophie and her brother Eric are sent over to their father who now lives in Paris, living his dream job. They are to spend the summer with him, his new wife and her daughter. But Camille is not as accommodating with her step siblings as Soph and Eric are. She is determined to make their summer, especially Sophie's, a living hell. Only one thing will keep Sophie sane, the piano. Well actually, make that two things, the owner of said piano, Mathieu. The sweet French boy she meets out on the street after her father's wedding. There is only one problem, Camille. She is not happy that her former boyfriend is now with her step sister and will stop at nothing to ruin it all.

I love it when a book has so many elements that make me happy. A great story with a touching romance for one, with the main character having plenty of growth. I also loved that this book described Paris and it surrounds that I felt I could travel there now, and know the places that Soph visited. Also, she learnt some French on her holiday, that I was happy to read and learn along with her. I think I am going to use je t'aime from now on instead of the boring english "I Love You". I highly recommend this book to any romance lover, its truly endearing.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...