Wednesday 29 June 2016

Warning Signs by Alexandra Moore



REVIEWED BY Tam Tam

Warning Signs (Broken Promises #2)Warning Signs by Alexandra Moore
> > My rating: 3 of 5 stars

> > This was the first book that I have read of Alexandra Moore's. There is definitely a lot of potential here. I think the story is original and the characters were interesting. I did not read the first book in this series because I thought this could be read as a stand alone novel. I think it still could. There were enough tidbits of information to follow what was happening based on some incidents that happened in the first book. However, I think it would benefit the reader to read book one in this series to have a more well-rounded knowledge of where this story begins and the life-changing events that now cause the PTSD that Bea is dealing with.

Bea has a lot of deep emotional wounds that need time and much more therapy to help. I was not sure she if she wanted the help in healing or truly recognized the place she was in emotionally. She showed a lot of vulnerability in the story which generally makes a character more endearing to me and has me rooting for them. Yet, I found that I ended up frustrated so often with Bea. She seemed on a path to self-destruction emotionally and maybe even physically.

I recognize that this was a short novel and that can mean a great, quick read. But sometimes it can also mean some key elements in the story are not as developed as they could be to make it that much better. I wanted to connect with Bea through her turmoil but was left not caring as much as I should have.

I still like the originality of the story and admire that this author did not fall into so many clichés that are too often done with books in this genre. > >

> > View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RB69VWT9XNBN3/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01EM8GWUW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...