Tuesday 21 June 2016

The Sapphire Affair by Lauren Blakely


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar


The Sapphire Affair (Jewel, #1)The Sapphire Affair by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Sapphire Affair by Lauren Blakely

This book was a breath of fresh, intriguing, steamy good fun! Knives are wielded, walls are scaled, and locks are picked in this exciting new book from Lauren Blakely! I wasn't entirely sure what the book was about when I requested an arc, but given that it's a Blakely book, I was happy to go in pretty blind and knew I'd be far from disappointed.

On one hand we have the super-delicious, dirty talking, ex-military turned bounty-hunter, Jake whose latest job involves recovering millions of dollars from retired hedge-fund manager, Eli. He loves his family and loves getting the bad guys. On the other hand we have smart, feisty, adventurous Steph who runs her own island adventure company and who has traveled to the Cayman Islands to appeal to her (ex) stepfathers sense of decency to return the money her mother had given to help start up his new business. His name, I hear you ask, is Eli.

Sparks fly when the two meet and it's insta-lust at its finest. However, once they realize who's who and doing what, they decide to keep things strictly work-related which unfortunately doesn't last as long as either would've liked.

I really enjoyed this book! The characters were fun and flirtatious, the banter between them hilarious. The plot was sexy, fast-paced - yes I held my breath at one point - and engaging. Add in Blakely's signature witticisms and I was sold.

Yes, it ends on cliffy, but more of a gasp kind of cliffy rather than a throw your ereader across the room cliffy. I can live with that!

Great book, amazing author. Can't wait to get into The Sapphire Heist!

*copy received courtesy of NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...