Wednesday 4 October 2017

Treading The Traitors Path: Out Bad by MariaLisa deMora

REVIEWED BY Isa Jones



Treading the Traitor's Path: Out Bad (Neither This, Nor That, #2)Treading the Traitor's Path: Out Bad by MariaLisa deMora
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ok I have to say this review was totally unexpected in the way that I had started this book and I couldn't pass the first few pages.
I honestly don't know why but I couldn't get into this book (Lovers of this book don't hate me just yet I have good things to say about this story).
MC books are not my usual go-to genre, however I was drawn to the synopsis and was in desperate need to get my hands on this book. I was lucky to have been given the opportunity to receive an ARC.
Well I claim insanity and perhaps the fact I am not a native English speaker because I swear I just couldn't get into it. I left the book for a few hours then a few days, tried again and sadly nope it wasn't working. I gave the book a DNF and left it at it. But quitter I am not, so I said, let me give it one more go because I hate not finishing something and I know there is something in this book that calls to me. Well it was like I was reading a completely different story! Suddenly things started to make sense and I got more and more into it. The more I read the more I liked it, that feeling of accomplishment started to make its presence known LOL.

Well I finished the book and I loved it. It had drama, action, extremely complex yet entertaining dialogue and plenty of sweaty, dirty sex. There were MF/MM/MMF elements which had me fanning myself at times and kept the temperature rising, but also had plenty of emotion. The story is more than just two guys and a girl going at it. The build up to their first encounter is heart-stopping and provided the reader with a sense of urgency to read on. But the MC world is so multidimensional that there were other things happening in the background between different clubs; things like betrayals, lies, plots that it had me on the edge of my sofa and at time bitting my nails. Both male leads are different in character, yet emotionally they have both been looking their whole lives for that something that could ground them and give them a bigger purpose. Each had a past of meaningless relationships and particularly PoBoy had engaged in plenty of one night stands. Never in a million year did they think that sudden attraction was going to become their undoing. Chrissy is a beautiful FL and she is the glue that binds them all together, she's as badass as she is fragile. I loved their connection.

In overall I gave this book a 5 star rating. If at first you don't succeed, Try and Try again.
I receive an ARC of this book in exchange of an honest review.

5 MCnificent STARS JO&ISALOVEBOOKS

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I'm so pleased you persevered! I'm glad you enjoyed the story in the end. ~ML

    ReplyDelete

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...