Saturday 21 October 2017

Bountiful by Sarina Bowen

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 



Bountiful (True North, #4)Bountiful by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Bountiful by Sarina Bowen

I absolutely adore Bowen's writing and this series in particular. While the True North series can lean bit towards the angsty side, Bountiful has a lighter feel to it and I'm pretty sure it might be a favorite of mine.

Bountiful is the story of sexy bartender, Zara and her month-long 'tryst' from two years ago, Dave. They met when Dave was visiting Vermont (and seriously, every time I read a book from this series, it reignites my desire to visit!) and knowing they only had a short amount of time together, they agreed to not share anything of themselves apart from the physical. Two years later, Dave comes back and immediately seeks out Zara only to discover that Congrats! He's a daddy! What follows is Dave and Zara (and Nicole's!) journey to each other: to learn, to grow, and yes, to fall in love.

I thought this was a really beautiful story where the characters grew and evolved separately and together. I admired the hell out of Zara. She was strong and feisty and wasn't afraid to work hard to get what she wanted. I love that she didn't lay blame anywhere and I love that she respected Dave enough to allow him space and to give him choices. Dave. Sweet, merciful Jesus! I am in lovvvve! He plays hockey for the Brooklyn Bruisers, he's a redhead, he's a little bit dirty, and he is the most gorgeous fictional daddy to Nicole. I absolutely loved every single thing about him. Again, he knew when to push and when to give space to Zara and that was so important for her to have that. Honestly, I just fell further and further in love every time he interacted with his little girl. Swoon!

I think Bountiful is the perfect addition to the True North family and I really enjoyed the glimpses into the lives of previous (and future) characters. I just can't wait for more!

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1WT9CPIQ0RHP5/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...