Saturday 21 October 2017

Maverick by Karina Halle


REVIEWED BY Becky Cox 



Maverick (North Ridge, #2)Maverick by Karina Halle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is my first book in this series. Not having read the first book did not effect my enjoyment of this one.

The characters are well developed and enjoyable. I related easily to them and cheered them on. The angst in the book is relatively minor even though it is very serious at times. There is more light hearted banter, flirting and hot sex scenes then angst.

Riley is a great character and I love her resilience. She has had a tough go of it but perseveres. Mav is dedicated to his job. He struggles with some old issues that he works to overcome throughout the story. Did I mention he is a hottie?

Mav and Riley are a great couple. There banter and sexual tension burn this story up. I love the setting in the snowy mountain resort town. Their jobs made the story interesting and kept it flowing.

I would highly recommend this one for a quick light romance with just a little angst.

I was gifted a copy for an honest review.

Reviewed by Becky for JoandIsaLoveBooks

View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...