Thursday 5 October 2017

The Scot Beds His Wife by Kerrigan Byrne

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard




The Scot Beds His Wife (Victorian Rebels)The Scot Beds His Wife by Kerrigan Byrne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 - 4 stars

As you can see I'm a little undecided on the rating. This is because it had a fantastic early part, some lulling in the middle where my attention wandered and a great final 30%. Overall this is a good read but it didn't hit the spot quite as much as some of her others.

Lord Gavin Thorne is something of an arrogant, conceited lead male. He's got the kind of childhood you recoil reading about so there is some rationale for his distance from most connections and his hedonistic and determined goals in life. He considered himself irresistible to the opposite sex and he used this to get what he wanted. Initially, this is a turn off to the reader but you cannot look away from him.

"He'd eschewed a waistcoat or cravat, deciding instead to dress informally in only trousers, riding boots, his shirtsleeves-purposely left open a few rebellious buttons-and a vest beneath his long wool coat."

Sam was a great heroine, strong, single-minded and crass. I liked her and her life prior to Erradale was compelling, tragic and stirred all my empathy. Nevertheless, her duplicity was difficult to swallow and the secrets left me hanging on for the reveal, hanging on quite long. These two had undeniable chemistry and whilst there was back and forth, I could wait for them.

Kerrigan Bryne did a great job of secondary characters in THE SCOT BEDS HIS WIFE. The band of rough scuffs at Erradale were endearing and funny. I am pretty desperate to see Callum's story with great hopes that it intersects with Alison's.

I am here to follow this series wherever it goes and also to follow Kerrigan Byrne's writing anywhere. This might not be my favourite in the series but it is still a good read.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...