Monday 2 October 2017

On a Tuesday by Whitney G.

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 



On a Tuesday (One Week, #1)On a Tuesday by Whitney G.
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read and devoured this read in a day. It's a clever mix of NA and contemporary-aged main characters with a shifting timeline. I can be put off by changing timelines but I slipped into past and present so easily because of how it was written. I value a book when time is taken to grow a relationship that isn't rushed and ON A TUESDAY hit that spot, in fact, it was something of a slow burn which is my favourite kind of burn.

Charlotte was a strong young woman who was perfectly resistant to the charms of footballer Grayson. She had no intention of extending the hand of friendship to Grayson outside of the role of tutor and their early relationship was unintentionally amusing. Grayson slowly began to smash my expectations of his behaviour out of the box and I loved how he began to prove his persistence and tenacity. When things went wrong for these two, they really did go wrong and I felt really angry at Grayson. What happened to the extra mile? There was angst and drama in manageable amounts that evoked all my feelings into the story and characters. I loved the unexpected twists.

Whilst I am a fan of Whitney G's novella reads, I really do favour the longer length books. When there is more depth to the story and more character development, Whitney's writing shines in it's best light.

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.



View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...