Saturday 21 October 2017

Hard Wood by Lauren Blakely


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 




Hard WoodHard Wood by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a low angst, cute tale of newish friends becoming more. There was Blakely’s usual flair for humour shining through but this was a book I was less keen on. The story didn’t overly excite me and I admit to being affected not by insta-connection but by insta-commitment; it was too much to be tangible for me. However, this is easy listening and you can’t help but chuckle as you listen.

Patrick was an all round nice guy and I liked that he was insecure and felt on the back foot. Mia didn’t wow me as a character and I felt an aloofness from her. There’s a secondary star and that was the feline. This cat had a POV a few times in the book and don’t let it put you off, it was hilarious.

The narration was single POV from the male perspective and I do enjoy SebYo on occasion so it worked.

Whilst I wasn’t as keen on Hard Wood as some of the other male POV audios, I know I’ll probably like the next Lauren Blakely offering because I normally do.

A copy of this audiobook was provided by the author in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...