Wednesday 25 October 2017

Hard Wood by Lauren Blakely

REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere



Hard WoodHard Wood by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the second book I’ve read in a row that has been the last of a series. Even though I am saddened that these characters have been put to bed, so to speak, I know that any book I pick up from this author will have the same feel about it. They are full of fun banter, quick wit and loads of emotion.

Mia is the sister of Chase and Max, and has found her four leaf clover when she met Max’s friend Patrick. Distance just wasn’t on their side as she lives on the west coast and him in Manhattan. Whenever they spend time together it’s, dare I say it - normal. And that’s a good thing, because Mia has seen some crazies out there, and she wants a loyal, dependable guy that’s normal. Patrick was more than that for me, he was so swoon worthy and more so with his sidekick Zeus. I am not into hiking, but for Patrick I would lace up some boots and trek along with him!

This too is a standalone like the other books but with each you are introduced to more characters that relate in some way. This end book has most of them popping in for one last hooray, and I loved that. I also love a good epilogue and it definitely foot the bill. I know I will be re reading these beauties again soon, and possibly in audio. Without a doubt, I would recommend this book to any rom-com fan.

*I received a copy for an honest review.
**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews





No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...