Tuesday 10 October 2017

Guy Hater by J. Sterling


REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere 


Guy Hater (Fisher Brothers, #2)Guy Hater by J. Sterling
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Love is complicated to say the least and this book will bring to light the differences in types of love. There is brotherly love a plenty and friendship love but then there is that full blown passionate, can't live without you love. The only problem is, one is in a relationship that really had already ended but was staying together out of obligation and guilt. Frank Fisher is the type of guy that lives by his promises and has tried to be an upstanding man. Unfortunately when you meet the woman you're supposed to spend your life with, those promises could be broken. You can't put parameters on someone's heart. You can't tell them how to feel. Do you stay miserable in a duty-filled world, or do you man up, take back control and and fulfil your dreams.

I took a fancy to Frank in a big way. I think I was having a Fish Wish while reading! I admired his work ethic and his loyalty to family and friends. I felt for him, with his life changing moments and how it led him to be in this loveless relationship. When he met Claudia and he became himself again, I was exhilarated for him. Did I want him to deal with his situation earlier, well yeah I did, but I also got why he was reluctant to hurt someone's feeling and heart. Claudia's reaction to it all was so endearing and authentic. I could see myself feeling exactly like she did with all the emotions.

This is a new author to me, and it won't be my last book of hers either. There was enough little tit bits about Jess and Nick that I want to go back and read the first book in this series too. And I am sure that the lovable Ryan will be getting his own book, which I feel might be the best of the lot!

*I received a copy for an honest review.
**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...