Tuesday 16 January 2018

Dirty Deeds by Stella Rhys

REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere 


Dirty DeedsDirty Deeds by Stella Rhys
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first book I have read by this author, and even though I got the feeling there are other novels relating back to this one, I didn’t feel left out. It was enough to intrigue me to want to hunt them down and check them out. And if this is the case, those that have read the previous books, know that Emmett and Aly held their own, their story is one you’ll not want to miss.

Emmett gives off the impression that he is a hard nosed playboy but it’s not a life style he is happy about. There is a girl that he holds dear to his heart but she won’t have a bar of him. Aly won’t forgive him for all the dirty tricks he played on her in high school. She has spent her life trying to make her father proud, even buying the family business and making it thrive again. When these two meet up after 12 years, it is anything but platonic.

When I started reading, it had a sense of familiarity about this story. Whether it was due to it being a friends to lovers romance that I enjoy or the dual POV, it just felt right diving in and falling for both Aly and Emmett. He was a dependable character full of family loyalty. I loved his cheeky playful side when interacting with Aly. She had me giggling with her stumbling reactions when confronted with Emmett head on! She may have been stubborn, but she too was loyal to her family but more to her friends that had become her family. The secrets that they are keeping might come back to haunt them, but their similar personalities will help them to understand each other’s decisions to reach their HEA.

I am grateful for the early copy provided by the author for an honest review.
*Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...