Friday 12 January 2018

Unearthed by Amie Kaufman

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard



Unearthed (Unearthed, #1)Unearthed by Amie Kaufman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was the best that this author pairing have written so far and I’m a fan of their previous series. UNEARTHED provided immediate connection with a story that left me clueless, breathless, full of adrenaline and utterly drawn in.

Neither Jules nor Mia should find themselves on the planet of the Undying at the age they are, but both are there illegally on missions of their own importance, passion-filled and wanting to change the direction of their own lives and earth’s. What ensues is a twisty, unexpected tale of a civilisation long-gone that seemed to have intentions for earth to save it from something. This is a story with bandits, criminals, firsts, genius and survival. I felt absolutely on the edge of my seat from start to finish, which is kind of uncomfortable but completely worth it.

Mia was the making of Jules and Jules became the making of Mia, where integrity grew and selfishness diminished. Their friendship and bond might have been over a short period of time together but they experienced so much, I believed their tether. Often side characters are important to me in books, but with UNEARTHED I felt the opposite, Mia and Jules were the focus and all surrounding were supplementary; it worked.

I’m pretty impatient at where I’ve been left, but like the best of books, I can hang on for the kind of quality of writing that isn’t everyday, or every read. Spooner and Kaufman wrote seamlessly together and I am bitten by these worlds they have created. I still don’t know who the goodies and baddies really are!

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...