Tuesday 16 January 2018

Bad Dad by Sloane Howell

REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 



Bad DadBad Dad by Sloane Howell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Bad Dad by Sloane Howell
2.5*

I'm feeling very confused after finishing this book. It wasn't quite what I expected and I think the major part of that was the plot and it's implausibility. I also feel like there were too many things happening throughout and it became a bit of a hodgepodge of elements which caused some confusion. I liked the book and it's humorous parts. I actually had to put the phone down at one point just to laugh. I did struggle to connect with Cora. Frankly, she got on my nerves more than just a tad: I wanted to give her a shake to just make up her damn mind. Are you in this or out, love?! There was too much back and forth in that regard and it got a bit tiresome. On the other hand, I really enjoyed Landon's character. He was such a great, loving father, solid and strong in all aspects. However, he needed to tone down the 'you're mine' and 'who do you belong to?' questions. We get it. You're an alpha male. She belongs to you. Cue eye roll.

For me, the book was okay-ish. The highlights of this book were Landon and Joe and their relationship along with the humorous parts. Honestly, I'm not sure that I'd rush to recommend Bad Dad unless you're after something left of center.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/RVA6EFX7SLER4/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...