Monday 22 January 2018

Ryan's Bed by Tijan


REVIEWED BY 
Monique Cashmere 


Ryan's BedRyan's Bed by Tijan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

You know when you read a Tijan book, you are in for an emotional journey, and sometimes in the teen drama. That is because she is good at writing it. I loved the concept of this book, but I was also saddened by it. What poor MacKenzie must have gone through is heartbreaking. I was swept away right along with Mac and her angst. I adored the connection she had with Ryan, grief can bring about something good at times. The way their relationship developed was refreshing, because being a teen story it wasn’t focused on being intimate but strengthening their bond.

There were plenty of secondary characters to keep the book compelling. Robbie was sweet, and devoted to his sister. Lots of high school kids to cause more excitement. At times I found this to be draining, mainly because it has been eons since I have stepped into a classroom and wonder if this is how kids treat each other now. I also had a hard time justifying her parents actions in the beginning. I have put this down to either it made for other activities to proceed or probably more that I have never experienced losing a child and unless you are in their shoes, would you really know how you would react?

On the whole, I really enjoyed getting to know Mac and her friends, especially Ryan. With the big twist at the end, I do wish there was one more chapter to explain why, just to bring it full circle. Reflecting back, I can see it making some sense, but not why she felt that way. If you love a good high school saga, then this is a great novel to read.

*I am grateful for the copy provided by the author for my honest opinion.
**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...