Tuesday 16 January 2018

The Thing About Love by Kim Karr

REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere 



The Thing About LoveThe Thing About Love by Kim Karr
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First impressions can leave a mark, and that is exactly what happened when Juliette met Jack! She is a gal that will stand up for herself, but also has a softer side which helps with her business of being a Wedding Planner. I felt Juliette was a well rounded character, she had a few flaws, but that just made me feel more connected with her. Jack also wasn't perfect, but he came close! These two had a lot more in common than what they expected on their first encounter, it went very deep. I adored the way Jack was with his Mimi (thinking of stealing this if I ever become a grandma) and his sister Rory. They have a staunch family connection bought about by sorrow and hardship. He was also an ardent doctor, following in his fathers footsteps.

I enjoyed the story line of this book, and I even got a kick out of the secondary characters! I am definitely no prude, but sometimes the intimacy in these books are repetitive and tiresome. I like a good build up, slow burn and all, but sex scene after sex scene is too much. I just end up skimming through it. This contemporary romance is told in dual POV and it sets up nicely for two extra standalone novels to be released at a later date.


*I am grateful for an early copy that was provided by the author for an honest review.
**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...