Tuesday 16 January 2018

The Ones who Got Away by Roni Loren

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard



The Ones Who Got Away (The Ones Who Got Away, #1)The Ones Who Got Away by Roni Loren
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

THE ONES WHO GOT AWAY has the makings of an excellent series. Book one, of the same name, builds some of the background but focuses in on Liv and Finn. The characters, both main and side are survivors of a high school trauma and remain affected into their 30s.

The book started off with an intense bang and slowly but surely lost a bit of traction, leaving a lull. I have still rated it four stars because by 40% it had grabbed by attention fully. The story built and built to an emotional and impactful ending.

Finn and Liv have a second chance story to tell and it was believable. I found their feelings for one another powerful and feverish which fit with their traumatic past. Both characters were well developed and I liked them. Finn, in particular, made for some serious hero swoon. That cover, well let’s just say that’s brought to life. The side characters of Rebecca, Kincaid and Taryn have me intrigued from their stories.

So, I guess I wanted this to blow me away following the beginning but I did really like it. I think some of the background to build the series might have impeded the flow but I’ll be reading the next in the series and generally checking out Roni Loren’s other books.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...