Sunday 21 January 2018

Midnight Blue by L.J. Shen

REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere


Midnight BlueMidnight Blue by L.J. Shen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was intrigued once I read the synopsis and being my first LJ Shen novel, I am totally happy.

Firstly, let’s talk about Alex. He is a troubled English artist and an addict. He has a smart mouth that constantly gets him into strife. He has a massive chip on his shoulders and initially I didn’t know if I wanted to punch his arrogant face or kick his sexy ass! He is that hero that you want to hate because he is so destructive but when he shows us what is hidden underneath, argh..... you have to kick yourself now because you just fell in love with him like Indigo. But without Stardust, he’ll stay a monster forever.

Indie came from a loving family that was hurting in a big way. Taking this job was going to help mend several of their worries. She was inexperienced in some ways but more mature than most woman her age due to having to grow up before her time. It is easy to fall for a Rock God and I applaud Indie for hanging out for as long as she did. And I fully understand her heart and head at war trying to deal with the emotions. But we all crave something and it can then turn into an addiction of some sort. In the beginning his was drugs and booze but it ends with being each other’s vice, not without collecting a few scars along the way.

There is lots to enjoy with this book. Taking the journey with them both was enlightening. The shower scene on the plane - my gosh! I needed to fan myself then cracked up with Alex’s explanation. The thing that troubled me was the twist. I love a good concept to link it all together but this one seemed too out there, and for me, a little mean for Indigo and Craig. I’m not sure anyone can come back from that. On the whole though, I did like this book. Be warned, Alex may be too cocky and an overbearing ass for some, but he warmed up for me.

*I am very grateful for the copy I received by the author for my honest opinion.
**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...