Friday 12 February 2016

Jockblocked by Jen Frederick

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar

Jockblocked (Gridiron, #2)Jockblocked by Jen Frederick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jockblocked by Jen Frederick

I love, love, love sports romances and I'm going through a phase of them right now. Having just reread Sacked, I was quite eager to get my teeth into Jockblocked. It was such a great book, one I thoroughly enjoyed.

While Sacked focused a little more on the actual sports aspects (which enthralled me), Jockblocked is set in the off-season so we get to explore more than *just* sports. We get to know a lot about Lucy and her 'mock-trials' and a lot less about Matty and his gridiron. Truth be told, being a sports romance, I was expecting more actual sports so I was a little disappointed in that regard.

I quite liked Lucy and I thought her risk assessments were hilarious and understandable considering everything about her life. There were a few instances that I felt she should have grown a pair, but then she wouldn't have been true to herself. I really liked Matty, our converted unicorn; he's a great guy who shows Lucy that some risks are absolutely worth taking. Loved some of the secondary characters (Hammer!) while I really hated some others. The book has some serious elements and some lightheartedness too - a great combination.

This is the second book in the Gridiron series and while it can easily be read as a standalone, I'd definitely read Sacked first.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda from Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...