Monday 1 February 2016

Swept by Alyssa Turner


REVIEWED BY Isa Jones

SweptSwept by Alyssa Turner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 STARS
A nice surprise read!

I received an ARC from the Author for an honest review.

Well having read many BDSM books before, this was a nice change as the story deals with one Dom and two submissives.
I hadn't read the previous book and although this can be read as a standalone, I do feel the author should recommend reading the first book for a better enjoyment. Let me explain.
A writer must engage very quickly a reader in order to submerge him/her into the story, how fast you grasp the readers attention is how the story is going to be portrayed and how good one will understand the characters and in turn how one will review the book. When I first started reading, the relationship amongst the characters was already there. We start at a place which other readers had read a whole book to get to. So I had to very quickly familiarise myself with their feelings, emotions and those things that make them who they are. Don't get me wrong, I was hooked to the story from the first page but I almost wanted to pause the book and get into their heads to understand why they would act in a certain way. So my advise to the author and to those reading this review will be, read the first one, it is indeed a great story, I believe each character has so much to substance that you will fall in love with all of them.
Jack who is a very successful engineer, seems to have finally found a balance to his Dominant side, it is not easy to find a submissive let alone two who can understand his needs and at the same time, fit with the logistic of a polyamorous relationship. Rory and Spencer however have given him that. I assumed for Spencer was the same and not only he had to come to terms with the realisation that he was bisexual but also that he was a submissive. So when both him and Rory find Jack, they thank their lucky stars for it is a match made in heaven. All seems to be happy and harmonious between them and with Rory and Spencer nuptials round the corner the future looks bright.
However, there is someone very powerful that wants Jack's business and he wont stop at nothing until he gets what he wants, thus making Jack in true Godfather form, an offer he can't refuse. Jack unfortunately by trying to keep the two people who he loves most out of danger make him loose control over what really matters to him, he drifts away. Rory and Spencer in turn, won't only need to fight their own personal demons and insecurities to protect their unusual relationship, but also will need to bring Jack back from the darkness in order to salvage their relationship and any chance to their Happily Ever After.

A well written book with a solid plot and well defined characters. Totally recommend it.

4.5. STARS. ISALOVESBOOKS

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...