Saturday 27 February 2016

Under Locke by Mariana Zapata


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Under LockeUnder Locke by Mariana Zapata
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

I devoured this book. It is one of the hottest books I've read, a standalone with an MC and tattoo shop rolled into one. What makes this so heat-worthy is the hero Dex. This man is something else. I reluctantly tolerated his gorgeousness until he slowly became a little more likeable. Dex is one of the most arrogant lead characters I've ever read, he's the alpha of alphas and he does not treat people with respect. If you want to know his redeeming characteristics, you'll have to read.

Iris is a seemingly gentle woman who is barely treading water in what has been a fairly rubbish life so far but she's on her uppers so she needs to just earn money to move on from Dex's employ. Iris has a tenacity and resilience that I admired. I was equal measures frustrated and amused with these two. The sexual tension was off the charts but I found myself desperate for them to do something.

This was a book with magnetic characters and a strong storyline to support it. I really did want to read at the sacrifice of life, so that is testament the writing. This is my first book by Marina Zapata and I have one-clicked some of her others, wondering why I took so long to read these when I had heard good things about her.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/R2D2LOGDKFYCJ4/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00HYQJPC2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...