Monday 15 February 2016

Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Maybe in Another LifeMaybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book blew me away. The way this author wove the intricate threads of these dual alternate scenarios was clever and unique. In addition, the story lines, characters and events had me utterly captured. Funnily enough, even though I've had this book for a while, I felt trepidation about starting it due to the format. Don't let that stop you.

This book travelled along Hannah's life and her return to LA. The minute the story forks into two was amazing. I listened to this book on audio and I found I had to really concentrate as the alternate povs flipped but otherwise it was easy to follow. What I found was that I couldn't decide which version was most engaging and which life I wanted for Hannah. They were both that interesting. The narration perfectly complemented the story.

I don't want to spoil this story but I will say that it is rich. Rich in possibility, depth and hope. I am left wanting to devour whatever else Taylor Jenkins Reid has written but I also feel full like I've had the most satisfying meal.....and the dessert was awesome!

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1PH1NB6FZE7K/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00P42LWOM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...